The Vermints team on 16th May 2022
While rainy days can often be looked at as dreary or depressing, they are also a great way to relax and have fun. While we have been experiencing a worldwide pandemic, we have been able to adjust to staying at home more than we once thought possible. What happens when taking a socially distanced walk is out of the question because mother nature is having a bad day? We have the best 5 ways that you can combat the bad weather, enjoy yourself and make the most out of a unideal situation.
- Read a book. Yes, we know reading is not for everyone, so try using audible. Audible is an app that has thousands of books available in a listening format. Throw on a book that you haven't been able to make time for, and then catch up on things around the house that you have been neglecting. Take a bath, fold some clothes, reorganize your room, all while listening to a story that sparks your imagination.
- Watching movies is the perfect way to spend family time, and relax. While finding a movie everyone is interested in and can agree on can be hard, no one hates a feel good movie. The blind side, Greater, Remember the Titans, Wonder or The Pursuit of Happiness. Snuggle up and pair your movie of choice with your favorite snack.
- Board games may seem ancient at this point, but you will be surprised at how fun they can get and how easily time can pass. Invite over your friends, make sure to follow the indoor guidelines, and it can be as simple as having a deck of cards. Use your phone and download heads up, or get innovative and make your own set.
- DIY Crafts or painting are both ways you can let your imagination run free, and make something useful for home decor or use. Find some time to look at the endless DIY Craft pages located on Instagram or Facebook, and put something together with your kids or for your own personal use.
- What is better than a home cooked meal? In my opinion, nothing. Think about the best meal you have been served at a restaurant, and try to recreate it. A rainy day allows for time. Impress whoever you live with and craft a meal that you can be proud of serving.
The rainy days are upon us, so with this list in mind it's our hope that rainy days can become something to look forward to. Whether you are physically productive, or just mentally need a day to relax, take advantage of rainy days.
Please leave a comment below of which of these options you are looking forward to most for your next rainy day.
March 21st marks the first day of spring. Spring time is the best time of the year to watch the rain fall and see the flowers bloom. March allows you to get out of the house and reminds you that eventually, the seasons will change. Spring time reminds us of a fresh glass of lemonade, [...]
Every year when January first hits, people often claim to have “changed” for good. They make promises to themselves about their goals, that by the next year they often forget about. New year’s resolutions usually revolve around yourself, things that you can change in order to make you “the best version” of yourself.Weight loss, exercise, [...]
What is better than a Christmas cocktail made easy and affordable? If you enjoy a holiday drink with some spice of cinnamon then this is for you. Whether you are hosting a Christmas party, sitting at home with family or coming back from a long day of work during the holiday season, this drink is [...]
Comfort is key when it comes to a successful workout and keeping a steady routine that you enjoy. If you're already not an exercise enthusiastic, being uncomfortable will certainly not help encourage this healthier lifestyle you are trying to achieve. Changing your mind is hard enough, so feeling comfortable in what you wear will help [...]
The VerMints team values transparency in our relationships with consumers. We knew it was important to obtain certifications such as USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, KSA [...]
They say laughter is good medicine, but these facts about laughing really give an old phrase some substance. Ever heard the term "belly laugh", well laughing can work all kinds of muscles in your body along with being a healthy release of emotion. Not only is laughing tons of fun, but the health benefits are truly legitimate. [...]
Find out whether you’re zen or zonked with our work life balance quiz! Answer each of the 12 statements below with a “True” or “False” to get your result. 1. _____ “There aren’t enough hours in the day to get through my to-do list.”2. _____ “I used to have lots of hobbies but between work and home responsibilities, [...]
As a Greater Boston-based company, we know a thing or two about traffic. Namely, banging our heads off our steering wheels from frustration at the third five-car pile-up in one week, clenching our jaws as we bite the bullet and order an $100 Ride Share or Cab when the MBTA breaks down again, and sitting in shock as a bull [...]
Everyone runs out of the house in the morning and lights get left on without even putting any thought into it. We’ve all done it and until we are adults paying the bills each month, it’s no big deal. So you can tell yourself or other people you live with “don’t forget to turn off the lights” over and [...]